At one time, the only way we could get a decent screen recorder was through Cydia, by downloading Yalu jailbreak or any other jailbreak utility. Now though, jailbreaks are in very short supply and those that are available can only be used on certain devices which has let many users unable to install Cydia. That means they are missing out on downloading their favorite Screen Recorders, given that Apple doesn’t see fit to give us a decent one but now, one of the most popular has just been re-released and it doesn’t need Cydia to work.
Image : AirShou Screen Recorder App
It’s called AirShou and at one time it was the most downloaded Screen Recorder app from Cydia. After it was removed from the jailbreak app store it disappeared, but it is now back, bigger and better than before and works on any device without that jailbreak.
AirShou Features :
- AirShou is a resource-light app and doesn’t use much in the way of your processor or memory.
- It is one of the most efficient screen recorders ever released
- You can use AirShou for all sorts of things, from a simple screen grab to game scores or how-to videos, whatever you want to record or share with your friends
- You can video your screen in 1080p at 60fps
- Make use of the top-quality stereo recording feature
- Simple to use , just press the Record button on the screen to begin recording
- No jailbreak is needed
Compatible Devices :
AirShou is compatible with all iOS devices on iOS 7 or higher but those on iOS 9 or above will find that there are even more features included:
- iPad Pro
- iPad Mini
- iPad Air
How to Download AirShou :
AirShou is a very simple app to download but you will not find it in the iOS app store. Instead, you will have to download an app installer called AppValley first so follow these steps in order:
- First, Download AppValley app onto your iPhone or iPad
- Now open AppValley on your device and go to the search bar
- Type in AirShou and wait for the search to complete
- Tap on the correct search result and wait while AirShou installs on your iOS device
How to Fix AirShou Crashing :
AirShou is one of the top screen recorder apps ever released and it works perfectly. However, because of the way you need to download it, it is going to crash within a week of you installing it and it will do so every time you reinstall it. This is because AppValley and AirShou are not valid apps as far as Apple is concerned and they are happy to revoke the certificates which is what stops the apps from working.
You can stop this by installing Anti Revoke after you install AirShou. Anti Revoke is only a small tool, but it is incredibly powerful and will protect your certificates from being verified and revoked so you can continue to use your apps as and when you want to. Get all the details and a full guide on how to download Anti Revoke from the linked post below :
- Download Anti Revoke [ext link]
AirShou is one of the best screen recorders for those who are not in a position to jailbreak right now or who simply don’t want to but still want a good screen recorder. There are others if AirShou is not for you, like iRec and CoolPixel and, with Cydia unavailable to many, there are also other app installers that are like AppValley, such as:
- Tutu App [ext link ]
Give AirShou a go, install it and try it today and don’t forget to tell us your thoughts on it. You can follow us on Facebook for more tips and tutorials like this one.